Sunday, August 26, 2012

Come What May and Love It

Some days you just feel blessed. I was sitting in church today thinking about all the wonderful things I have in my life. I began to make a mental note of all things in my life I was thankful for and realized that there is just so much I have been blessed with. One of the speakers in church spoke on the power of the Atonement. He explained, sometimes you feel ugly, inadequate, abnormal, and out of place-and that is ok. We do not know why we have these feelings or experience all we do, but we do know that the Savior has a greater plan for us than we can ever imagine. All things we experience are for our good. 

I was thinking about this and realized how right he is. We were held back for many years to come to earth at this time. We were held back because we were strong and we could handle hard things. We may not see a purpose for all things we face at this time, but there is one. 

 We never want to face things that will try us, but sometimes we need to. We need to put our trust in greater things and know we will grow in some way as a result of the things we face. 
A good friend shared this scripture with me: 
"Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Life is hard. But, we can do hard things. 
Come What May and Love It. 


No comments:

Post a Comment