Saturday, April 28, 2012

Country Music

I used to HATE country music. Being from West Virginia, I felt that liking country music was so typical redneck. I despised it.But, really I was in denial. I thought that  all the songs sounded the same,  (say in country accent) "Sitting on my porch with my beer and my dog, shooting rabbits, loving my woman and driving my truck"

 Let's be honest, I was being dramatic. Maybe all the songs do sound like that..but they are great! I mean, after all, my frist concert on my 8th birthday was LeAnn Rhymes. If that does not scream
I HEART COUNTRY
then I am not sure what does.

Shoot, now I feel like being from West Virginia makes me obligated to like country. It is in my roots.

When you sing country, you automatically get a twang. You automatically become West Virginian.

So here's the deal, lately I have been on the biggest country kick. I think it is because I am trying to make up for all the years I didn't listen to this beautiful genre of music.

A few obsessions right now?

1. Kissed You Goodnight : Glorianna -This song is on repeat at least 20 times daily.
2. Springsteen: Eric Church
3. Woman Like You: Lee Brice
4. Hurt: Johnny Cash
5. Over You: Miranda Lambert
6. Why You Wanna? : Jana Kramer
6. Truth: Jason Aldean
7. Tattoos on This Town: Jason Aldean (Probably I am obsessed with Jason Aldean right now. I MUST go to his concert)



8. Call Me Maybe: Carly Rae Jeppsen. (What? I don't know how this got on here. This song will NEVER get old.)




Moral of the story: Country music is da best. If you hate it, then you need to find your heart or at least say you like Carly Rae



















2 comments:

  1. i am totally taking credit for introducing you to kiss you goodnight.
    fave.

    also, why you wanna? and over you. good ones.
    okay, let's face it, all those are great.
    and can i just say i love that we still listen to the same tunes even though we're not living together anymore. that's true friendship right there. too bad we can't enjoy the music together, though. you know, so you could listen to me sing the wrong lyrics and stuff.

    p.s. you're welcome for the novel of a comment.
    oh and one more thing, i am obsessed with call me maybe. maybe i feel like a 13 year old girl when i listen to it but i don't even care. judge if you must.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I'm all about Call Me Maybe. Yesterday Holly and I sang it everywhere we went.

    ReplyDelete