Sunday, June 5, 2011

Love at First Bite.

    I have always had mixed feelings about sushi. Something about eating raw fish wrapped in sea weed has never screamed delish to me. But, oh wait, it is. Friday night  I had my frist sushi experience. Luckily, Jenny was also a sushi virgin. So we were able to push through this together. After scanning the menu for the most Americanized sushi possible-Jenny and I chose deep fried sushi. Because, who doesn't like deep fried things? Everyone else ordered their fancy rolls. I was pretty convinced I was going to leave starving and unsatisfied, so while waiting  I kept thinking what I was going to eat at Wendy's later that night.
   Once the sushi was brought out, my life was changed. I branched away from the deep fried and tried some other options-just to be cultured.  I just couldn't get enough! There were so many options. To quote Jenny, "I feel overwhelmed."  It was out of control. They had sushi with crab, sushi with tuna, sushi with eel (not my personal fav.), sushi with spicy sauces, sushi with cream cheese, and the list goes on. And I wanted it all.
     One problem was this particular joint had no forks-only chopsticks. 2 problems with this
           1. I have never mastered the use of chopsticks. I have no freaking clue how.  And it is not that high on my priority list. A fork has always worked just fine.
            2. You can not pick up enough food with chopsticks. I feel like this is a partial reasons why most asians are so tiny.
      The waiter, Rob, took note of our struggle.  He provided us with trainer kid chopsticks. UH best invention of my human life. We were picking up sushi and rice at a rate that would blow your mind.





I mean, I may or may not be in love. True love-Love at first bite. This will be an everlasting love. Buy the wedding rings,  please. Sushi and I are soul mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment