Thursday, May 19, 2011

From Gym Mouse to Gym Rat.

 
Gym Rat
Ok, so I love to workout. A lot of people do, right? I sucked at staying fit this past semester, however, this summer I made a goal to get in great shape. I mean that is everyone's goal. Everyone wants a beach bod.  Toned, tanned, fit and ready-just like Katy Perry says. My goal was to do a triathlon. But due to Utah's PMSing weather-it has been extremely hard to get out and train. So, with encouragement from some fellow gym rats-I bought a member ship to 24 hour fitness. I thought it sounded great. I can work out anytime I want, do anything I want, and stay in great shape.  Last night I attended my frist class with Brooke and Jenny. They always talked about "Body Pump". And what a work out it was. I watched them hobble around last week after they completed their first class. So naturally, I wanted to join the fun. As weird as it sounds, I actually love to be sore. Call me crazy. I mean I was pretty excited to have my body pumped. But,  currently, my body feels like it pumped, re-pumped and then slammed.
Pumped up instructor : check.


     For those of you who don't know what body pump is. Let me define it more clearly. It is an hour long class of weight lifting. Not just some normal bicep curls and what not-more like multiple reps of fancy weight lifting moves. We worked out chest, back, triceps, biceps,  and abs all while this crazy fit lady and her followers yelled and sang and stayed pumped and what not. I mean these people did not let up.  We put about 10 lbs on each end of our bar-some people had about 25 on each end. CRAZIES. Except, secretly, I was jealous of these muscle men and women. I can normally do 15ish man push ups. At the end of this class, I could not even support my weight enough to do 1 girl push up.  Seriously? I came home and was trying to eat some Vanilla Wafers-because who does not like some cookies after the gym- and my hand was shaking as I tried to get it to my mouth. Brushing my teeth was nearly impossible, and bending over is out of the question. As I told Brooke-On a scale of 1-10 my body is about an 11. I think eating knives might be less painful. I know my name is Six Pac Abbs, but probably I am far from that at the moment.  But, I am going to live up to my name.  Despite the complaining, I may just be in love with the gym. I am ready to up my status from gym mouse to gym rat.  Bring it.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA i love you so much. "because who doesn't like some cookies after the gym?". BUY A BIKE SOON!

    ReplyDelete