Saturday, May 31, 2014

A little bit of this, A little bit of that

I have become really terrible about this blogging thing. I am pretty positive I have tons of viewers and followers that are hanging on my every word and religiously checking my blog daily to wonder when I may blog again, so I decided to give the people what they want.

My life as of lately has been consumed by the recent start of my internship. This past semester of school was so insanely busy! Somedays I would get to school at 7 and then not leave til 7 that night. I had no time to exercise. No time to clean my house. And no time to eat! Kidding. I had lots of time to eat. I never forget to eat. In the midst of it all, I moved houses. I realize that since I have been in Salt Lake...a total of 2 years now..I have moved 4 times. I guess you could say I don't really bloom where I am planted. I just really like change. However, where I moved now is by far my favorite. I live with some pretty great girls and I plan on staying a while.

1. I am currently playing on 3 co-ed softball teams! Now, 3 may seem like a lot - and it is- especially 3 nights in a row. But, softball is my thing. I love to play. It is what I always did growing up. It's what my summers were consumed by. It's what my family did and how we supported one another. Slow pitch is not quite the thrill that fast pitch was, but it's perfect because I can hit the ball further. Our Monday night time is with people from school - we have yet to win a game. Tuesday night is ward ball - I have high hopes for our team if only 30 people didn't show up every week. Wednesday night is a random crew. We  have only lost one game. So, needless to say, that's the team I enjoy the most.

2. I said goodbye to 2 of my best people. Cal and Aust left on the first of many married adventures. I am sad they left, but mostly I am just jealous that I couldn't go with them! I love being their third wheel. They took off to Ghana and then are off to grad school in England. I am going to miss these 2! Texting to tell them pointless things and g-chatting with Cal to pass the time in class, but thank goodness for technology that allows me to email and stay up to date on their hot (literally) adventures around the world. The people of Ghana don't understand the wonderful people they have coming their way!

3. Recently went to San Diego. My childhood friend Karley (who just had the cutest twins) and her husband Jedd live in San Diego while Jedd plays 2nd base for the Padres! They hooked us up with some great seats! And to top it all off, Jedd hit a homerun AND a grand slam! It was awesome! It was also crazy to see the fans wearing their last name on their jerseys. I guess West Virginians do make it big sometime. The trip was a great time, even though stupid Southwest lost my luggage for the entire time. They made us check our carry ons because there was not enough room. Then they flew us from Utah to Denver to San Diego - doesn't make much sense, right? Patrick got his bag the next day. I got mine Sunday morning before I left. I spent the weekend in my yoga pants, Nike frees, and alternated between the white shirt I was wearing and a tank top I bought at Wal-Mart. I spent my time at the beach in my stylish new Wal-Mart swimsuit. Good thing we were at the beach, and you can't be mad at the beach. It was a weekend of lots of relaxing and eating. Oh, also. We saw and octopus!


4. Celebrated Pap's 90th birthday! I was unable to make it home for the event, but don't worry - my family made sure I felt included:







5. Said goodbye to my dear friend, Bert! I've been working with him for over a year now. Bert has dementia, among other things. He has been a pleasure to work with. He has the best stories and is not afraid to tell me how it is. He constantly compliments me, curses at me, and tells me he loves me. Hopefully, if my schedule permits, I will get to work with him again in the fall!



6.  Classes ended. I had a solid week off and then I started my 12-week internship! It's crazy that I am coming down the homestretch of getting my Masters! MY MASTERS. It feels so nice to finally say I have less than a year left. Next year at this time, I'll be done! I am ready. It's scary, yes. But, I am ready to finally be out of school and make some money instead of spending it all. My internship is hard, but I am constantly reminded that I chose the right field to study. Everyone keeps asking me where I want to work when I am done - the answer? I have no idea, nor am I stressed about it. I just want to be done! Although, I will miss my classmates. This group have become some of best friends! We all know everything about each other. There is something comforting about having a support system of 35 people behind you!


Oh, and just a few other pictures that I love.

                                             I know, I know, we're pretty good looking

As if one of me isn't enough 















2 comments:

  1. I've missed you blogging!!!! Congrats on almost being done with school, that's HUGE. Also yes, you guys are adorable. Just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am that person who religiously waits on your next blog post...... creepy? Not at all.

    ReplyDelete