Friday, February 8, 2013

Lessons of Life

Somethings you go through life hoping you never have to experience certain things. For example, I hope no one that is close to me ever dies. I hope I never have to experience heart break ever again. I hope that I get answers to everything I pray for. I hope I succeed at all that I do. But, let's be honest, if this all happened, what would I ever learn? This past month I have become exceptionally grateful for my trials in life. I have a new love and understanding of the plan that is in store for me. When I go through hard times, I find that I come to rely on testimony more than ever. I find that I grow closer to my family and further develop relationships with my friends. I discover things about myself and others that I may have never noticed before. I focus on myself and my relationship with my Heavenly Father.
So yes, life can be hard, but it's worth it to persevere because we are being prepared for greater things. Things we can't see now, but will become evident to us at some future point .

"In stories, as in life, adversity teaches us things we cannot learn otherwise. Adversity helps to develop a depth of character that comes in no other way. Our loving Heavenly Father has set us in a world filled with challenges and trials so that we, through opposition, can learn wisdom, become stronger, and experience joy."
Dieter F. Ucthdorf: "Your Happily Ever After"

2 comments: