Thursday, August 9, 2012

Watermelon. Watermelon. Watermelon.

My dedication to my blog is about as good as my dedication to going to bed early. Aka it does not exist.

I just want to talk about addictions. Here's the thing, in school I was always taught about various addictions. Addictions to smoking, drugs, alcohol, etc. I learned about all of these addictions and thought, you idiots. Why would you ever let yourself become addicted to something that will waste your money and time? Well, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to say I now understand addiction first hand. I have an addiction.

My name is Abby DeLawder, and I am addicted to watermelon.


You may be laughing right now or thinking , wow this girl is an idiot too. But, I am here to tell you that addiction to watermelon is a real thing. It exists. And I am suffering from it. I am poor as dirt. I make no monies at my internship, yet I always manage to scrounge up enough moolah to buy a watermelon a week. Sad thing is, the watermelon never even lasts me a whole week. Oops.

I sit down and eat a quarter, sometimes even a half a watermelon on a daily basis.  I don't even use a plate, just cut that sucker in half an go at it with a spoon. My friends know and understand my problem. Sometimes they joke and say "Abby what did you eat for dinner? Watermelon?" I usually laugh it off, but secretly they are right. Watermelon is a a great meal. Trust me.
I used to get excited about clothes sales. Now, I get excited when watermelon goes on sale. Yeah, that happened. I am not sure what I am going to do when watermelon is out of season. Probably die.

An american flag I created on my watermelon plate. So patriotic of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment