Saturday, June 2, 2012

Jumbo?


My internship is going great. Campers come next Monday. Finally! The staff has been fun to get to know, but I am ready for some campers and a little variety in my life.

Let's for a moment talk about camper food. Not ideal. Actually, way less than ideal. Since Camp K is a non-profit organization, everything is donated. This year a local diner offered to donate all the food. I mean, that was nice. Yes. Don't get me wrong. But, let's be honest. Every day breakfast is french toast, waffles, bacon , eggs, or cinnamon rolls. Everyday lunch is fatty cakes chicken nuggets, and hot dogs, lunch meat, or rice. Dinner is basically just like eating starch. Everything cooked in butter. No fruit ever. Heaven knows, the only fruit they offer is fruity pebbles.

I ate this junk a lunk for 2 days. Then my insides rebelled and now I find myself eating breakfast at home and taking my lunch.

My camp nick name is Jumbo. Basically, because I could not think of a name so my supervisor gave me Jumbo and Callie is Cow. He thought it went together. Not a Abner and Cal, Crabby and Rally, but Jumbo and Cow.  I know, I know- every girl's dream is to be called Jumbo on a daily basis by 234903248 little campers. I like to think I am not Jumbo. However, I had to put and end to the fatty cakes camp food. After all, I  am not trying to live up to my nick name this summer

No comments:

Post a Comment