Monday, June 27, 2011

Studying in the Summer?

I mean, my entire life growing up I have looked forward to summer. Don't get my wrong-I still love this season. But, now that I am getting older. Summer just does not have the same meaning anymore.  Let's be real- Once you get past 8th grade you are expected to start working in the summer and from there it goes down hill. This summer I have been studying my behind off for the GRE. Really? Summer and Studying should be oxymorons. I am just not all about this.
But,  all else aside-summer is still bomb. Here's why.
1. Ice cream  snow cones, snow cones with ice cream, freezie pops (although these are good all year round)

2. Tans. Freckles.
3. Running at dusk.
4. Swimming

5. Shirtless men (good and bad)
6. Daylight til 9
7. Driving with the windows down and the music blasting
8. Friends -all day erry day
9. Working all day to save up your monies-spending it all by night
10. Summer flings-oh wait.
11. Hiking, biking
12. Walks outdoors
13. Shorts, skirts, dresses, flip flops!
14. Reading
15. Breathing fire?

16. Beach
17. Heat and no winter
18. Road trips
19. Thunderstorms.
20.. SUN. SUN. SUN.


I hope winter never comes again. Or college. Although, I am secretly itching for college to start again. Perhaps that is my inner nerd coming out. Here's to you Summer. You da best.

No comments:

Post a Comment