Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall Is Here, People!


Fall is finally here. Oh, happy day! My favorite season of the year has arrived. I have been in Utah for the past 5 years for this lovely season. Although the leaves here do change, nothing beats fall in West Virginia. Let's be honest, how can you beat this? 

You can't!
Although, I am not thrilled about the arrival of winter,  I am super thrilled for the short time with fall we will have. Why do I love fall?
  •  Football season. I love me some football. Go Moutaineers!
  •  Chilly weather. Not hot, not cold, just right. Cute scarves, sweaters, jeans, boots, and light jackets! Also, I won't sweat to death walking to college. Hooray!
  • Halloween. This is my absolute favorite holiday! That's right, even more than Christmas. I start thinking of my costume in September. This is a big deal, people. I am open to suggestions for this years costume.
  •  Hot chocolate, apple cider, soup and delicious treats. Warm food is the best in the fall!
  • Carving pumpkins. This is also a very stressful event for me. I always want my pumpkin to turn out so well and it usually ends up with half its face caved in. Oh, well. 
  • Haunted houses. Yes! I love to be scared. And spending obscene amounts of money to be frightened. It only comes once a year, after all
  • New TV shows starts. That's right. Fall marks the season premiere of every show I watch. Survivor, Biggest Loser, Modern Family, Grey's, etc. How is that not exciting?
  • Sweatshirts. If you don't love sweatshirts, then you are not American.
  • And last, but not least, fall means Thanksgiving is soonish. It is time to start doing daily belly stretching exercises in preparation for this fattycakes holiday.
Happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment